Alaska Bound

A peek under the covers into the journey of a lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

The ulcer is gone. I think I got used to the water. Now I just have to get used to the prices....

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Gates BBQ and other great things about Kansas city

Ok, Kansas City has 2 things. The Kansas City Royals and BBQ. That is about it if you don't include traffic. I prefer the BBQ. I believe it is a BBQ that has a vinegar base sauce. I really didn't think much about that type of BBQ until today. It was sweet, tender and very tasty. I was quite impressed with the ribs. We went to Gates BBQ, and from what I understand, it is a local legend. After tasting the ribs, I can see why.When you first enter the restaurant, they greet you with, "Hello, how may I help you"? It is a long story, but we entered and exited the restaurant about 4 times. Each time we were greeted with, "Hello, how may I help you". At first it kind of freaked me out wondering if they were talking to me or not. Usually I am greeted by, "Hello - oh, it's just you, Get the hell out". This new spirit of friendship was new to me and I am still getting used to it. Needless to say, we received our ribs, took them back to the room and proceeded to get sauce over everything. The maid will love us....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home