Alaska Bound

A peek under the covers into the journey of a lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

The ulcer is gone. I think I got used to the water. Now I just have to get used to the prices....

Saturday, May 06, 2006

A moment of reflection

From time to time one realizes how well they have it. Sometimes all it takes is a split second. Other times it takes loosing everything. I usually fall into the latter category. Driving through North Dakota and staying in Grand Forks brought that to my attention yesterday. There is basically nothing in this area unless you are a farmer, farm worker, or farm animal. Basically you have 2 choices - To work on a farm, or just not work. Farming is hard work. For anyone that knows me, they know that I do not like farming (hard work). I would prefer to sit behind a desk, pounding keys, looking at the screen and wondering why I can't do any better. It probably sounds like a lot of people. We are caught up in our own little lives, wishing we had it better, never realizing how hard it could really be. Perhaps if I was born somewhere else, I would have to work on a farm. Tilling the soil, sowing the seeds, reaping the harvest. Perhaps I would be happier, perhaps not. I am sure I would be a bit smaller.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home