Alaska Bound

A peek under the covers into the journey of a lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

The ulcer is gone. I think I got used to the water. Now I just have to get used to the prices....

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Blizzard!!!

This is the view from the back porch

This morning we woke up to a winter wonder land. Snow had fallen all night long, and everything was covered in a blanket of pure white snow. As I went onto the back porch, I could tell that it was still snowing. It was coming down pretty heavily. Large clusters of snow fell like cotton balls from the sky.

Dianne asked me what it was like outside. My response was, “I think we had a blizzard. We must have 5-6 feet of snow on the ground”. She just laughed and said, “yea, right. I just listened to the news, and they said it was more like half an inch”. Hey, half an inch or 6 feet - what’s the difference?


I think we may need to get an ice scraper for the windshield.

Walking the dog was an adventure. We took him to a location that had considerably more snow than anywhere else. Being the inquisitive and adventures dog that he is, he decided to go into the largest snow bank that he could find. Well, he thought that was really great until he walked a little too far and was buried by snow. He quickly turned around and headed back the other way. He would not make that mistake again.

All in all it was a fun and productive day. We were able to see how snow tires work in real life. It seems that you will encounter the most ice when you are trying to get home the fastest. Especially after you just went to Taco Bell, and just want to get home to eat. Other than that, it was just another wonderful day in a winter wonderland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home