Alaska Bound

A peek under the covers into the journey of a lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

The ulcer is gone. I think I got used to the water. Now I just have to get used to the prices....

Sunday, February 04, 2007

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemmingway

This is my "Beer Mug"


So today is the Super bowl. It is a day of great revelry and festivities for me. I have ordered a foot long sub that just happens to be 4 feet long, and it will be ready at 2:00pm. That is the start of the game here and I will be ready with my monster sub. We will also have chips with dip, wings, pizza, nachos, hot dogs, and so much more. It will be a party to remember. All who attend will not go hungry. But more important than the food is the beer. There can not be a proper party without a proper beer. Of course I will get the normal 3 cases of Bud for the less adventurous beer drinkers, but there will also be the good stuff. Handcrafted homebrew. You see, in Alaska they seem to love to make there own beer. Not just any beer, but really great beer. Most any restaurant in Alaska will usually have some sort of local homebrew. This is like a fine wine that has been aged to perfection - It just happens to be beer.


So that brings me to what I will be drinking on this fine day. It will not be any mass produced ale that was sold in a case at the store with a best before date on the side. Nope, not me. I will be drinking out of a brown glass half gallon jug that was filled from a tap that contains some of the finest IPA (India Pale Ale) I have ever sampled. There is no need for a best before date because the beer never lasts that long. Oh, the wonderful taste of fresh beer.


You may be asking yourself, what does he mean by, “filled from a tap”? Well, to get this great beer you have to have it filled from the tap, draft style into a jug. You screw the cap on your 64oz of beer and walk our of the restaurant like a raging alcoholic on a 3 day bender. Oh, the pride you feel walking from a restaurant with a growler of beer in one hand and a beautiful women on the other (the women costs extra though).


The time is drawing close and I still have to move the sofa (plastic lawn chair) in front of the TV, pick up the sub, and get dressed. I suppose greeting guests naked would make for a memorable party, but I am not sure if anyone would stay long enough to remember it. In any case, regardless of who wins or looses I will be happy in the knowledge that I was able to watch the big game while drinking a great beer - Go Bucs!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Me, I just try to not call people after a bottle of Pinot Noir.

5:30 PM  
Anonymous free xxx interaccial sex stories said...

``I dont know of any robots, he replied. Chapter 4Stephanie and Ziggy stepped into the bakery and staredat all the succulent goodies.
wife sex with dog stories
bdsm violents stories
true stories of stepmom sex
self bondage orgasm stories
online lesbian sex stories
``I dont know of any robots, he replied. Chapter 4Stephanie and Ziggy stepped into the bakery and staredat all the succulent goodies.

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home