Alaska Bound

A peek under the covers into the journey of a lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

The ulcer is gone. I think I got used to the water. Now I just have to get used to the prices....

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Just me and Mr. Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both And be one traveler, long I stood And looked down one as far as I could To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair, And having perhaps the better claim, Because it was grassy and wanted wear; Though as for that the passing there Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay In leaves no step had trodden black. Oh, I kept the first for another day! Yet knowing how way leads on to way, I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

- Robert Frost - The Road Not Taken -

We arrived in Yorkton, SK today. While traveling that poem is all I could keep thinking about. I have definitely taken the road less traveled.....Much less traveled. There are no pictures with this post. No picture could adequately describe the isolation that we were in today (and will probably be in days ahead). Just to give you an idea of how far away from anything we were, I let Dianne drive today while I ate lunch. Of course I was still in the drivers seat and she was still a passenger, but doing a fine job of steering the car while I ate. We drifted to the left, we drifted to the right. We drove in oncoming traffic for 15 minutes. Not a problem. We saw about one car every hour or so. The scenery was non-existent. Imagine driving 6 hours while watching grass grow. That was about the excitement level of today’s trip. Even North Dakota ranked higher on the excitement scale. I realize that it is not the destination, but the journey that is important, but I would really like some scenery. I suppose that will come in time. Give it oh.....a thousand more miles or so....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home