Alaska Bound

A peek under the covers into the journey of a lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

The ulcer is gone. I think I got used to the water. Now I just have to get used to the prices....

Friday, June 30, 2006

Faith...

As many of you know, I am a masochist. I seem to enjoy torturing myself. I have no idea where this trait came from, or if I will ever loose it, but I have had it for quite some time. Now that I come to think of it, I am not sure if I am a masochist, or just plain unlucky. Well in any case… Just 2 days after my fateful trip to the, “hell of all Chinese buffets” I decided that it would be a really good idea to go to another Chinese restaurant. I know, I know, I just recovered from the horror of the last one and now you want to go do it again… I hear you. But I had Faith. Faith in a Chinese restaurant that I did not know. Faith in a chef that I had never met. Faith in a server that had never served me. In short, I had Faith.

Well, it seems Faith paid off. I was rewarded with a dinning experience that was as good as the last one was bad. We were seated by a courteous and kind waitress, given water, and handed our menus. The food was superb. It was cooked better than I was hoping for and the portions were amazing. I must say that it was probably the best Chinese food I have ever eaten. The most interesting part was that it was cheaper than the buffet that nearly killed us.

If anyone was wondering, it was the Panda resteraunt - No, not the fast food thing the see in the mall, but a real Chinese restaurant. This was the first Chinese restaurant that we went to and left before going to the hell on earth buffet. I learned my lesson. When you see Kwai Chang Caine (David Carradine) eating at a restaurant, you should know the place has good eats!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home