Alaska Bound

A peek under the covers into the journey of a lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

The ulcer is gone. I think I got used to the water. Now I just have to get used to the prices....

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Last Frontier

Budweiser - The last Frontier...

No, this is not the worlds largest bottle of Bud ( I wish it was though). I found something very interesting about the beer in Alaska. It seems that Budweiser has changed it center label from there trademark A.B. with the names of 5 continents (Asia, Australia, Europe, Africa, and America), to the Alaskan grizzly and a banner with the words, “The Last Frontier”. I have traveled all over the country, and never seen anything like this. I am wondering if this is the only state that Budweiser does this for. I have never had a Bud in New York with the empire state building on it. In Florida they don’t have a label with an orange on it. In California I have never seen a label that declared, “One good shake, and we’re outa here”. Even the great state of Texas is without representation (although I think they should have a picture of an interstate and the logo that declares, “I-10 - it just goes on forever…). So here we are all by ourselves. It’s just us and this special Bud label to keep us going. I wonder what other great and mysterious things are labeled differently up here. I have checked several bags of chips, and a can of nuts, and they do not seem to have anything special on them. As of now I have gone through half our cabinets and Dianne is now chasing me around with a broom yelling at me to stop destroying her kitchen. I tried to explain the importance of label research and all, but she seemed too concerned that I was digging for the Chex Mix and knocking over the Stove Top. I will have to keep checking and report back with my findings as soon as I am allowed back in the kitchen.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

In depth research is required. Another case, at least.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home