Alaska Bound

A peek under the covers into the journey of a lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

The ulcer is gone. I think I got used to the water. Now I just have to get used to the prices....

Thursday, July 13, 2006

A Root Beer a day......


I wonder if anyone in this house likes Root Beer??? And why exactly are they in the freezer???


Today was a great day. We finally were able to get a parking space for Flat Top mountain. We did not actually hike to Flat Top mountain due to time constraints, but we did do the Anchorage loop - A much smaller and easier trail. We were able to see how the trail runs from where we were. It seemed like a really nice trail until the last 500 feet or so. Then it looked like a rock climb to the top. We will save this climb for another day when we can leave early in the morning, and spend the entire day exploring.

The botanical gardens were very nice. We did not run into any bears, but did get to see an herb garden. I was amazed at the variety of different types and sizes of herbs that they had, although they were missing one herb that I hear is especially common in Alaska… In any case, I was able to stock up on all my essential herbs, and no longer have to go to the store to buy any (who cares what that sign said…).

I am now cooking again. Primarily due to the fact that we were able to get a dinning room table. It was made by an 8 year old in China that couldn’t drill straight. Yes, this was a put-it-tougher yourself project also. It only took me the better part of 4 hours. The chairs are a little wobbly, and the table leans to one side, but if you tilt your head, and hold one foot off to the side, you could never tell. Dianne is thrilled that she no longer has to eat standing up, and to tell you the truth, so am I. Our next big project is getting a couch. I am really not looking forward to putting that together…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home