Alaska Bound

A peek under the covers into the journey of a lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

The ulcer is gone. I think I got used to the water. Now I just have to get used to the prices....

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Busy Day



This is one of the many thousands of flowers at the botanical gardens in Anchorage.


Today will be devoted to going to Flat Top mountain, and hopefully finding a parking space. That in itself qualifies as an accomplishment for the day. After that we are headed off to the Anchorage botanical gardens. It is over 110 acres of flowers, shrubs, herbs, all arranged for your enjoyment. For those of you in Florida, imagine Sunken Gardens, but about 7 times as large.

After the gardens, we will be going to a sporting goods store to look at Alaskan Light Sabers (.44 magnums). I have been eyeing one for quite some time, and am going to try to convince the clerk that he should let me “test it out” first. It probably will not happen, but I will try anyway.

This is the reason that I need an Alaskan Light Saber. Dianne took this picture the last time she was at the gardens. Needless to say, she did not go any further...


3 Comments:

Blogger Sunney said...

Great blog! I loooove the pics. I am somewhat confused about why you decided to move to Alaska, nosy thing that I am.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Glenn & Dianne said...

Thank you Sunny. Actually most of my friends and family asked the same question. It was usually followed by, “are you nuts?”. The short answer is that we visited here about 3 years ago and just fell in love with the place. We decided that if we ever had a chance we would move here. One day the opportunity knocked on our door (literally…) and we decided to take it. I was born and raised in St. Pete, and I have been trying to escape ever since. Anchorage has about the same number of people that St. Pete does, but it is spread out over a much larger area. The Job opportunities are abundant, and the pay is great (compared to St Pete). The people here are also extremely friendly and helpful. That is something that I am still getting used to!!!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Reformed Mama said...

howdy!
so ya like guns, huh? you and ed would get along so well. he's got a few and he always scores perfect on his military shooting tests. :)

glad ya didn't run into any bears. that would have sucked. :)

so when do i get a picture of you and dianne? yep, gonna nag until i get one. :)

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home