Alaska Bound

A peek under the covers into the journey of a lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

The ulcer is gone. I think I got used to the water. Now I just have to get used to the prices....

Monday, July 17, 2006

Inspiration

This is Dianne and Nick (Nick is on the leash…) right before they were sucked down into the mud flats in Anchorage.


Actually, that picture is not even of Anchorage. It was taken at Ft. DeSoto in St. Petersburg, Florida about a month before we left for Alaska. The truth of the matter is that I have not seen Dianne since she left for the Dimond Mall with my credit card about 4 hours ago. I think she is trapped in some Twilight Zone like shopping spree where everything she buys disappears, so she has to go back and buy it again. Either that or she is just really enjoying buying everything in sight. Hopefully she will remember to buy me razors. I haven’t shaved in 4 days and am starting to feel like sasquatch. I may need hedge trimmers before I hit the beard with the razor. I think I will go to Home Depot for power equipment if Dianne ever gets home. That would teach her to go shopping for 4 hours and have more fun than me.

Since Dianne has found a new home at the mall, I have started to watch more TV than I usually do. In fact, I think that this is the longest I have watched TV in several years. I must have been watching that thing for several hours straight. I even started talking to it at one point. I was watching an infomercial about knives or something. The guy was cutting things that I would never eat. I really didn’t care if he could cut a hammer with a knife, I was more concerned as to where the bottle opener was on that thing. I started yelling at the TV like it could hear me. I think the neighbors started getting worried, because I heard them come out on there porch and start listening to me lecture the TV about lying to people and truth in advertising.

Since I have been watching so much TV lately, (all 2 hours) I have decided to get the High Definition programming package (all 5 channels…). I have purchased a TV that has the capability to handle it, and I think I need to watch Law and Order in Hi-Def. The cost is surprisingly low. I thought that it would be about the same as a monthly truck payment, but as it turns out, it is only about the cost of my monthly electric pencil fund. So now I will be watching Doink-Doink (Law and Order) in high def. That and the fact that I also get Sponge Bob Square pants in Hi-Def (added bonus). I sure hope I can convince Dianne to go for it - If she ever gets home…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home